John joined KBKG in 2015 and is a Fixed Assets / Cost Segregation / Accounting Methods Principal. Johns’ responsibilities include servicing capital intensive clients with value-added services relating to cost segregation, fixed asset reviews, repair & expense studies, and 263(a) compliance. He provides nationwide solutions to our industry with a primary focus on the Midwest and Southeast regions.
Prior to joining KBKG, John worked for KPMG managing large fixed asset projects in the Mid-American business unit which includes Detroit, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Louisville. As a member of the Accounting Methods and Credit Services Group (AMCS) John specializing in Fixed Assets, Repairs & Maintenance, Construction Tax Planning and Cost Segregation Services. Prior to his Big Four experience, John worked for two large public accounting firms in Orange County, California.
Over the past 10 years as a Fixed Assets specialist, John was responsible for the business development efforts for fixed asset services including new client identification, proposals, and client deliverables. John has lead and executed cost recovery studies on thousands of facilities including; healthcare, retail, manufacturing, commercial office, multi-family, power generation and dealerships. He has performed inspections of machinery, equipment, buildings, & construction projects estimated construction costs using nationally recognized costing manuals, and analyzed technical specifications, construction drawings & construction invoices. John generated sales utilizing both internal and external networks. John also provided continuing education presentations relating to cost segregation, section 179D, repair & expense rules.
John received his Bachelors in Economics Management from Ohio Wesleyan University and graduated with his MBA from Ohio University. John is a certified member of ASCSP American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals and holds his LEED Green Association credential.
Key Experience and Affiliations
• ASCSP Certified Cost Segregation Specialist: Member # C0139-10
• ASCSP Treasure
• Author for numerous national educational groups
• “Big Four” industry experience
• Real Estate Roundtable - Associate Council Member (2019 - Present)
Recent KBKG Tax Insights
- Press Release: KBKG Names John W. Hanning, CCSP Principal02/07/2019Atlanta, Georgia – February 7, 2019 – Nationwide tax specialty firm KBKG recently promoted area resident John W. Hanning to Principal. John leads the firm’s Southeast practice, including a team of ...
- An Interesting Thread To Pull; The South Carolina R&D Tax Credit08/20/2018Originally published article by Joseph Toppe from South Carolina Manufacturing Group on August 2, 2018. Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, “South Carolina is a branch manufacturing state.” They ...
- After 20+ Years at the IRS Reviewing Corporate Tax Incentives, Jack Jolly Joins KBKG as R&D Director08/13/2018After 20+ years at the IRS reviewing corporate tax incentives, Jack Jolly still finds joy in his work; showing a great appreciation for those who innovate, dream, and build new software, technology, ...