Malik Javed, CCSP
ASCSP Certified Member #C0138-10
NEW YORK NY
Malik Javed is a Principal and oversees engineering operations for Cost Segregation projects at KBKG. He is a Certified member of the American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals (ASCSP) and is currently a member of the ASCSP Technical Standards Committee. Since joining KBKG in 2004, Malik has performed thousands of Cost Segregation studies for clients in various industries, regularly reviewed architectural and engineering drawings and construction cost budgets. He has provided continuing professional education to hundreds of CPA’s across the country on various real estate tax issues. Malik has also successfully represented KBKG’s clients in an IRS audit.
Prior to joining KBKG, Malik worked as a Resident Engineer in Construction Management at PEPAC. He was responsible for the overall performance and quality of work; including the verification of bills, estimates, and claims, as well as supervising the construction of buildings in accordance with design and specifications.
Malik earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and a Master's of Science degree in Engineering Management from California State University, Northridge.
• Phi Beta Delta Honorary Society – Member 2003
• American Society of Civil Engineers
• American Society of Professional Estimators
• American Society of Cost Segregation Professionals:
• 2015-2017: Board of Directors
• 2010-present: Technical Standards Committee Member
• Real Estate Roundtable - Associate Council Member (2019 - Present)
Recent KBKG Tax Insights by Malik Javed
- KBKG Tax Insight: IRS Updates Cost Segregation Audit Techniques Guide04/18/2017The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) released a relatively substantial update to their Cost Segregation Audit Techniques Guide (ATG) in order to incorporate various tax and legal developments since it ...
- KBKG Tax Insight: Using Cost Segregation with Estate Planning01/13/2017When a client dies, a critical estate planning area for tax professionals involves managing the step-up in basis on inherited assets for estate and income tax purposes. The general rule for real ...
- Using Cost Segregation with Estate Planning03/31/2016When a client dies, a critical estate planning area for tax professionals involves managing the step-up in basis on inherited assets for estate and income tax purposes. The general rule for real ...