R&D Payroll Tax Credit Calculator
The R&D tax credit is now permanent and for the first time ever, small businesses and start-ups can take advantage of this lucrative tax credit. Estimate your tax savings using our quick, simple R&D Payroll Tax Credit Calculator, then contact us using the form above. One of our R&D experts will contact you right away to begin the process of securing the credit.
Research and Development Tax Credit
The R&D Tax Credit, first enacted in 1981, has been one of the most valuable credits leveraged by companies. Every year, the R&D credit yields billions of dollars in federal and state benefits to companies engaged in qualifying research. Thousands of companies take advantage of the credit across several industries. Some of the common industries that qualify for the R&D tax credit include, but are not limited to:
The Potential Benefits of the R&D Credit
There are several benefits to realizing the R&D tax credit.
These benefits can include the following:
- Up to 12-16 cents of R&D tax credit for every qualified dollar
- Dollar-for-dollar reduction in your federal and state income tax liability
- Increased in earnings-per-share
- Reduction of your effective tax rate
- Improved cash flow
- Credit carried forward up to 20 years
- Recent regulatory developments make claiming the R&D tax credit for companies much more feasible
- Look back studies can recognize unclaimed credits for open tax years
(generally 3 or 4 years)