LUIS (LOU) GUERRERO, MBT
PRINCIPAL - TAX PRACTICE LEADER, R&D PRACTICE LEADER
Luis A. Guerrero, MBT, is a Principal and Co-Founder of KBKG, Tax Credit, Incentives & Cost Recovery Specialists. As the Tax Practice Leader, he is responsible for leading a team of engineers and accountants with addressing tax-related matters.
After earning his undergraduate degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance and economics from California State University, Chico, Lou rounded out his formal education by completing the Accounting Program at the University of California at Santa Barbara and earned his master’s degree in business taxation from Golden Gate University.
Lou is a frequent speaker on cost segregation, 1031 exchanges, and research and development tax credits for his firms’ educational webinars series and for many other organizations including the California Society of CPAs.
Lou lives in Westlake Village, CA with his wife Wendy and his 3 children, Grant, Danica and Jenna.
- KBKG, Principal (1999 – Present), Tax Practice Leader, Research Tax Credits Leader (2012 – Present)
- Deloitte LLP, Senior Tax Manager, Los Angeles (August 1984 – August 1992)
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Finance and Economics, California State University, Chico, 1981
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, emphasis in Accounting University of California, Santa Barbara, 1984 (2016)
- Master in Business Taxation, Golden Gate University, 1990
- Real Estate Roundtable - Tax Policy Advisory Committee (TPAC) (2019 - Present)
- PrimeGlobal – Mid-Tier Tax PLC Chair (2017 – Present)
- PrimeGlobal – Manufacturing & Distribution Group, Co-Chair (2013 – Present)
- Member of California Restaurant Association (1995 – Present)
- Member National Restaurant Association (1995 – Present)
- Member of California Society of CPAs (1986 – Present)
- Member of American Institute of CPAs (1986 – Present)
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Board Member (2017 – Present)
- Westlake Baseball Association (2001‐2007)
- Westlake Village Community Park & YMCA Fundraising Committee (2010‐2013)
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (1992 – Present)
- Hispanic Professional Roundtable, AAHCPA, Alternate Representative (1990 – 1991)
- Westlake Baseball Association
- Agoura Baseball Foundation
- NJB Westlake Basketball