KBKG is a full-service provider of specialty tax solutions for professionals and businesses. For over 20 years, our company has provided CPAs and companies with turnkey specialty tax services and solutions that complement traditional tax and accounting offerings. These value-added services place industry leaders within your reach and bring you the most talented professionals who understand what is beneficial for you.
How KBKG Helps You?
The KBKG team includes engineers and tax professionals with extensive backgrounds. Collectively, they have conducted thousands of projects worth over a billion dollars in tax credits and incentives to clients. Our team has worked with some of the most recognizable names in the world, including Costco and Rolex. Teamwork is at the foundation of all the services KBKG offers, and the professionals who work alongside your staff are supportive partners.
With its breadth of experience, KBKG helps determine if businesses qualify for certain tax credits and incentives, including the Research & Development Tax Credit (R&D Tax Credit), Employee Retention Credit (ERC), Cost Segregation, Green Building Tax Incentives (GBTI) such as 179D Deduction and 45L Credit, and Transfer Pricing.
- The Research and Development Tax Credit (R&D Tax Credit) can save roughly 10% of a company’s qualified Research & Experimentation (R&E) expenses for designing, developing, or improving business components or processes.
- The Employee Retention Credit (ERC), part of the CARES Act, provides a credit for employers who retained or continued to pay employees during the pandemic. Businesses can claim both the ERC and the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP loan), provided they meet the requirements for both programs. However, the same wages cannot be used for both programs, and this means that wages paid with PPP funds cannot be used to calculate the ERC.
- Cost Segregation is a tax strategy that allows a business to increase cash flow by increasing the speed of depreciation deductions and deferring income taxes. KBKG performs thorough and professional cost segregation studies to help clients determine if cost segregation suits their business.
- The 179D Deduction for energy-efficient buildings is a federal deduction worth up to $5 per square foot for qualifying commercial and tax-exempt buildings that meet certain energy-efficiency standards.
- The 45L Credits for Energy-Efficient Residential Developments is valuable for companies building multifamily housing, apartments, and residential developments. If a project meets the criteria set by the IRS, a company may be eligible for a tax credit up to $5,000 per unit.
- Transfer Pricing allows a multi-national company to minimize its taxable liability across all its subsidiaries by determining the price at which its subsidiaries pay for a company resource, such as goods or personnel.
These are just some of the tax incentives that KBKG can help you explore, which could save businesses significant dollars. An added benefit of working with KBKG is the Advantage Audit Guarantee, which supports clients should the IRS audit you.
KBKG sponsors continuing professional education courses through the National Association of State Board of Accountancy and KBKG is listed on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. Additionally, KBKG is a certified Continue Education Provider for the American Institute of Architecture. KBKG’s course catalog includes training on various tax topics, cost segregation, auditing rules, and others.
KBKG offers assorted services to complement your needs because every business is different. Every KBKG client receives a customized plan specified for that company. If your needs change during the process, KBKG’s team collaborates with you to make the necessary adjustment. The goal is a long-term relationship with KBKG that allows clients to be served better.
Where is KBKG Located?
Headquartered in Pasadena, California, KBKG has seven offices nationwide, including two others in the Los Angeles metro, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, and New York. These offices are strategically placed and allow KBKG to seamlessly serve clients nationwide.
The KBKG team is made up of individuals who reside in the same communities they live and work in. KBKG supports its employees by providing them with the resources and time needed for community activities. This ranges from cancer studies to shelters for domestic abuse victims, underserved communities, and environmental protection. Volunteer work reinforces our belief that helping others ultimately benefits ourselves. The personnel and communities of KBKG are the driving force behind our success.
Where Can I Learn More About KBKG Tax Services?
Maximizing the credits and incentives available to businesses is complicated. With KBKG’s help, you can increase your bottom line through our extensive knowledge and expertise in identifying, claiming, and defending tax strategies.