Research & Development Tax Credit for Internal Use Software
In January 2015, the IRS released new internal use software (IUS) R&D Tax Credit regulations. The regs define specific IUS projects and provide new definitions for the innovation and significant economic risk test for the credit. IUS is now defined as software that is developed for use in general and administrative functions that facilitate or support the conduct of the trade or business. Learn how to apply the credit towards IUS development.
▪ Identify internal use software and exceptions
▪ Identify software that are not internal use
▪ Four part test and the additional Three-Part Test for IUS
▪ Computing the Credit
▪ IUS case studies
▪ Understand the regs and how the credit works for IUS
▪ Identify qualifying activities
▪ Administer the Three-Part IUS test
▪ Compute the R&D Tax Credit[divider]
|Lacey J.S. Robb, J.D., LL.M. |
Senior Manager, R&D Tax Credit Services
Manager, R&D Tax Credit Services
Course Code: RD 102
Cost: Free. CPE Credits: 1.0 hours. Type of Credit: CPE for CPAs.
Instructional Method: Group Internet Based. Subject Area: Taxes.
Course Level: Basic. Prerequisites: None. Advanced Preparation: None.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for tax, accounting and other professionals who are performing R&D. Including but not limited to: CEOs, CIOs, CFOs and engineers.