Michael Maroney is a senior manager with KBKG. He advises clients on tax matters related to federal and state R&D tax credits. He has advised numerous Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries. He has successfully defended his client’s R&D claims before the IRS and state taxing authorities. He has been an instructor on these topics for numerous CPA and industry associations, and has authored articles related to federal and state R&D tax credits. Prior to joining KBKG, he’s been with two of the Big 4 firms.
Key Experience and Affiliations
- Enrolled Agent
- Represented clients before the IRS and state taxing authorities
- Instructor and author for numerous educational groups
- “Big Four” industry experience
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- National Association of Manufacturers
- American Foundry Society
Favorite Sports Teams – Baltimore Orioles, Washington Redskins
Hobbies and Interests – Travel, Camping, Mountain biking, Classic Movies
Recent KBKG Tax Insights by Michael Maroney
- KBKG Tax Insight: Illinois Reinstates the R&D Tax Credit07/07/2017On Thursday, July 6th, the Illinois state legislature successfully voted to override Republican Governor Bruce Rauner’s veto, giving the state its first operating budget in two years. Included in ...
- KBKG Tax Insight: Is a More Valuable R&D Credit Coming Soon?06/08/2017The R&D tax credit, which awards companies large and small for their innovative efforts and that was made permanent in 2015, could now be more lucrative with new bi‐partisan support. Senators ...
- KBKG Tax Insight: IRS Issues Final Regulations Surrounding the Qualification of Internal Use Software towards the R&D Tax Credit10/04/2016On October 4, 2016, the Internal Revenue Service issued final regulations which provide guidance on the qualification of internal use software (“IUS”) for purposes of the Section 41 Credit for ...