Luis A. Guerrero, MBT, is a Principal and Co-Founder of KBKG, Tax Credit, Incentives & Cost Recovery Specialists. As the Tax Practice Leader, he is responsible for leading a team of engineers and accountants with addressing tax-related matters.
After earning his undergraduate degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance and economics from California State University, Chico, Lou rounded out his formal education by completing the Accounting Program at the University of California at Santa Barbara and earned his master’s degree in business taxation from Golden Gate University.
Lou is a frequent speaker on cost segregation, 1031 exchanges and research and development tax credits for his firms’ educational webinars series and for many other organizations including the California Society of CPAs.
Lou lives in Westlake Village, CA with his wife Wendy and his 3 children, Grant, Danica and Jenna.
• KBKG, Principal (1999 – Present), Tax Practice Leader, Research Tax Credits Leader (2012 – Present)
• Deloitte LLP, Senior Tax Manager, Los Angeles (August 1984 – August 1992)
• Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Finance and Economics, California State University, Chico, 1981
• Bachelor of Arts, Economics, emphasis in Accounting University of California, Santa Barbara, 1984 (2016)
• Master in Business Taxation, Golden Gate University, 1990
• PrimeGlobal – Mid-Tier Tax PLC Chair (2017 – Present)
• PrimeGlobal – Manufacturing & Distribution Group, Co-Chair (2013 – Present)
• Member of California Restaurant Association (1995 – Present)
• Member National Restaurant Association (1995 – Present)
• Member of California Society of CPAs (1986 – Present)
• Member of American Institute of CPAs (1986 – Present)
• Southeast Ventura County YMCA Board Member (2017 – Present)
• Westlake Baseball Association (2001‐2007)
• Westlake Village Community Park & YMCA Fundraising Committee (2010‐2013)
• Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (1992 – Present)
• Hispanic Professional Roundtable, AAHCPA, Alternate Representative (1990 – 1991)
• Westlake Baseball Association
• Agoura Baseball Foundation
• NJB Westlake Basketball
Recent KBKG Tax Insights by Luis (Lou) Guerrero
- Adjusting (R&D) Tax Credits and NOL Carryforwards in a Year Closed by the Statute of Limitations02/29/2016When it comes to claiming missed (R&D) tax credits, many taxpayers are unaware of rules allowing them to adjust the carryover from years closed by the three-year statute of limitations without ...
- R&D Tax Credit Expanded for Small & Midsize Businesses12/18/2015Congress is spreading some cheer this holiday season in the form of tax breaks for both businesses and individuals. The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes ("PATH") Act of 2015 was passed by both the ...
- Treasury Releases Proposed Regulations on R&D Credits for Internal Use Software01/20/2015On Friday, January 16, 2015, the Department of Treasury issued proposed regulations regarding the applicability and inclusion of Internal-Use Software as part of the IRC Section 41 'Credit for ...