Lester is a 15 year veteran in the tax specialty service industry. He is the leader of KBKG’s Fixed Asset Review Practice. He is a certified member of the American Society of Cost Segregation professionals, a group that he has been a part of since 2008. Throughout his career, Lester has completed cost segregation analyses on thousands of properties ranging from office space leasehold improvements to multi-billion dollar industrial complexes and hotel and resort projects. He has worked with many Fortune 500 companies successfully representing his claims to both IRS and Financial Auditors.
Prior to KBKG, Lester led the PwC Central Region Cost Segregation Center of Excellence; providing engineering based Cost Segregation project management, oversight, and expertise to all other fixed assets teams throughout the U.S. and Canada. He was a recipient of the 2008 PwC Greater Chicago Market Chairman's Award for Outstanding Leadership.
Lester was born and raised in Northwest Indiana and is the head of the KBKG Chicago Office. He earned a Bachelor in Construction Management from Purdue University.
• KBKG, Director, (2015 – Present)
• PricewaterhouseCoopers, Director, Leader of Central Region Cost Segregation
Center of Excellence (2005 – 2015)
• BKD, LLP, Engineering Consultant (2001 – 2004)
• Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, Purdue University (2003)
• Member of Illinois Society of CPAs
• Member of American Institute of CPAs
• Lecturer – American Foundry Society
• ASCSP Certified Cost Segregation Specialist: Member #C0077-08
• American Society of Appraisers, Senior Appraiser (2009-2015)
• National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) member (2012-2014)
Recent KBKG Tax Insights by Lester Cook
- New Tax Reform Proposal Makes Deductions More Valuable in 201710/06/2017On Thursday, September 27, Republican leaders in Congress and the Trump administration released the Unified Framework for Fixing Our Broken Tax Code. Among the many ideas outlined within the plan is ...
- KBKG Insight: Tax Court Rejects Taxpayer’s Land vs. Building Allocation06/13/2017On May 8, 2017, the U.S. Tax Court released Summary Opinion 2017-31 to conclude that a county assessor’s allocation to land and improvement values were more reliable than the taxpayers proposed ...
- Rev. Proc. 2016-29: New Procedures for Automatic Accounting Method Changes05/11/2016The IRS recently released Rev. Proc. 2016-29, which lists automatic method changes and provides procedures for making them. Form 3115’s filed on or after May 5, 2016 must follow the updated rules. ...