Kevin is a Principal and the Practice Leader of KBKG’s Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit Services. He has over 13 years of consulting experience providing R&D tax credit services to companies of various sizes. Prior to KBKG, he worked 10 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers focusing on securing R&D Tax Credits for Fortune 500 companies. Kevin enjoys working with small to mid-size business owners and over his career has documented hundreds of millions of dollars in research credits. He has accumulated extensive experience successfully defending R&D credit claims under IRS and state examination.
His experience spans industries that include: defense contracting, pharmaceutical, biomedical device, internal and external use software, semiconductor, consumer electronics, architecture & engineering, manufacturing, agriculture, food and beverage, entertainment, aerospace, automotive, financial services, chemical, cosmetics, marketing, and telecommunications.
Kevin is a frequent speaker and instructor of continuing education courses on the R&D credit to tax and accounting professionals. He has authored several articles on the research and development tax credit and has been published in industry periodicals including Accounting Today.
Kevin believes in a “think outside the box” approach to research credit studies. No two clients are the same and therefore, no two research credit studies should be either. As such, KBKG research credit studies are custom tailored to make the best use of the documentation available at each of our clients.
• KBKG, Principal & Practice Leader of Research & Development Tax Credit Services
• 10 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers specializing in R&D Tax Credit Services
• Member of California Society of CPAs
• Member of American Institute of CPAs
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting and Finance, California State University Northridge
Recent KBKG Tax Insights by Kevin Zolriasatain
- IRS Issues Guidance Around ASC 730 and the R&D Tax Credit09/29/2017According to a new guidance released by the IRS, the Large Business and International Division which serves corporations, subchapter S corporations, and partnerships with assets greater than $10 ...
- Press Release: KBKG Launches New Payroll Tax Credit Estimator for Small Businesses & Start-Ups05/18/2017Pasadena, California, May 16, 2017 – KBKG, a nationwide tax services firm headquartered in Pasadena, California, recently launched a free calculator to help early-stage businesses save up to $250,000 ...
- KBKG Tax Insight: New R&D Payroll Tax Credit Estimator tool05/02/2017The R&D tax credit is now permanent and for the first time ever, small businesses and start-ups can take advantage of this lucrative tax credit. Every year, billions of dollars are given to ...